Friday, October 17, 2008

Earworms

earworms n. - is a term for a portion of a song or other musical material that becomes "stuck" in a person's "head" or repeats against one's will within one's mind.

Have you experienced this?

Many times have I experienced these kinds of situations. The songs just can't stop playing in my mind and I don't know if whether it is a good thing or the other way around.

These following songs that keep backtracking in my head are as follows:

3. Boys Don't Cry (The Cure)

I don't really know this band but this song is just plain honesty. Even I sing it sometimes. My friend also likes this song, stating "he could definitely relate to the lyrics".

"I just keep on laughing hiding the tears in my eyes coz boys don't cry."




2. Disconnection Notice (Pupil)

DISCO---NNECTION NOTICE!

This has got to be my favorite song in their second album (Wildlife). The intro is great, the melody is great, and Ely's "turn off the lights" is simply catchy. I was disappointed with their Monobloc music video, I love the song but just didn't like the vid. Good thing, this song compensates their previous vid.

"Turn off the lights!"

*Also, I love the music video* In my opinion, this vid surpasses the Dulo ng Dila music video. Really, no bullsh*t.




1. Californication (Red Hot Chili Peppers)

This has got to be my first, every time I stay idle I either hum the tunes or sing the song.

I haven't forgotten this song but after recently listening to it in youtube, the tune are just so addicting. Anthony's lyrics are weird (the RHCP's lyrics are always weird), Flea's bass play is just darn wicked but the thing that is most catchy in this song is got to be John's handpicking. Listening to his picking together with Flea's bass playing is freakin' awesome. The first I saw the music video, it was around in 2000 (I think...), I did not mind the lyrics at first; rather, I appreciated the tune and of course the "video game" music vid.

"Psychic spies from China's trying to steal your mind's elation...."
"Dream of Californication"





No comments: